“I think it’s high time the mentors, big brothers, big sisters, parents, guardians, and neighborhood ne’er do wells, start taking younger people that look up to them to a real record store and show them what an important part of life music really is. I trust no one who hasn’t time for music. What a shame to leave a child, or worse, a generation orphaned from one of life’s great beauties. And to the record stores, artists, labels, dj’s, and journalists; we’re all in this together. Show respect for the tangible music that you’ve dedicated your careers and lives to, and help it from becoming nothing more than disposable digital data.” – Jack White
On Record Stores
About the anti-laugh
This blog is a shamelessly random collection of cool things, rants and nonsense. View all posts by the anti-laugh
This entry was posted on Friday, March 25th, 2011 at 2:21 pm and tagged with jack white, record stores and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
The laughter of hate.
Pudgy girl at the gig with a notebook.
Writer. Music nerd. Rock 'n' roll grumpy lady. Romantic. Fool.
The phrase "the anti-laugh" is nicked from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukV82WsJa_k&feature=related
- RT @ChuckWendig: My new book is THE GIRL WHO GIRLED, which is the sequel to THE GIRL FROM GIRLTOWN, which is the presequel to THE NOUN GIRL… 1 day ago
- RT @guardianweekend: ‘Pretend your food is disgusting’: @RomeshRanga's Christmas survival guide for vegans theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2… 1 day ago
- "Try to not write things you wouldn’t say to somebody face-to-face" loremipsum.ueno.co/dear-ueno-how-… 4 days ago
- RT @BryceElder: Heard a guy talking about Belgian whistles. "A basic website costs 10k, or 25k upwards if you want all the Belgian whistl… 1 week ago
- RT @markedly: [slipping DJ $20] my good sir would you turn it down a skooch 1 week ago