“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and — in spite of True Romance magazines — we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely — at least, not all the time — but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
Hunter S Thompson cleverness for the day
About the anti-laugh
This blog is a shamelessly random collection of cool things, rants and nonsense. View all posts by the anti-laugh
This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 at 8:59 am and tagged with alone, Hunter S Thompson, loneliness, solitude and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “Hunter S Thompson cleverness for the day”
The laughter of hate.
Pudgy girl at the gig with a notebook.
Writer. Music nerd. Rock 'n' roll grumpy lady. Romantic. Fool.
The phrase "the anti-laugh" is nicked from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukV82WsJa_k&feature=related
- RT @Bill_Gross: In the "I'm getting old" department.., a kid saw this and said, "oh, you 3D-printed the 'Save' Icon." https://t.co/rwgCpSjf… 4 hours ago
- RT @MattBellassai: my uber driver asked me a question about sports and i had to open the door and body roll to safety it was harrowing 4 hours ago
- RT @torclean: UPS has a page where the drivers can post about all the dogs they meet on the job, thank me later https://t.co/2SMFElaTjG 18 hours ago
- RT @iamdevloper: for halloween I'm gonna dress up as a 20 minute stand-up 21 hours ago
- RT @GMPaiella: What she says: I'm fine What she means: Why do we call Bruce Springsteen "the Boss" when he's an ally and hero of the workin… 22 hours ago