“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and — in spite of True Romance magazines — we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely — at least, not all the time — but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
Hunter S Thompson cleverness for the day
About the anti-laugh
This blog is a shamelessly random collection of cool things, rants and nonsense. View all posts by the anti-laugh
This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 at 8:59 am and tagged with alone, Hunter S Thompson, loneliness, solitude and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “Hunter S Thompson cleverness for the day”
The laughter of hate.
Pudgy girl at the gig with a notebook.
Writer. Music nerd. Rock 'n' roll grumpy lady. Romantic. Fool.
The phrase "the anti-laugh" is nicked from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukV82WsJa_k&feature=related
- RT @AudaxUx: Will post this on the office wall #uxlx https://t.co/wxkGUaRHus 22 hours ago
- RT @MarkAgee: Adulthood is way less cooking while listening to jazz than television led me to believe 1 day ago
- RT @mattduplessis: Seeing a LOT of "copy-editors are born, not made". What rot. Good subs are forged in hellfire by the twin traumas of dea… 1 day ago
- RT @effies: Language is awesome, https://t.co/XqIFRkmLW9 1 day ago
- RT @mashable: Metal heads are building a massive pipeline to funnel 400,000 litres of beer on.mash.to/2qZyw0y https://t.co/rp83h1cPMW 1 day ago