“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and — in spite of True Romance magazines — we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely — at least, not all the time — but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
Hunter S Thompson cleverness for the day
About the anti-laugh
This blog is a shamelessly random collection of cool things, rants and nonsense. View all posts by the anti-laugh
This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 at 8:59 am and tagged with alone, Hunter S Thompson, loneliness, solitude and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “Hunter S Thompson cleverness for the day”
The laughter of hate.
Pudgy girl at the gig with a notebook.
Writer. Music nerd. Rock 'n' roll grumpy lady. Romantic. Fool.
The phrase "the anti-laugh" is nicked from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukV82WsJa_k&feature=related
- RT @FastCompany: Google wants to create the most delicious vegan taco. buff.ly/2uynqkN 1 day ago
- RT @jaygootz: lord give me the confidence and fortitude of this cat wearing a dish towel cape https://t.co/GitT321Jlm 2 days ago
- RT @meakoopa: Henson's scratchpad of possible titles for LABYRINTH is a lesson to us all in the importance of multiple drafts. https://t.co… 4 days ago
- RT @awwcuteness: A cat and a lowercase cat https://t.co/zjpE10fuVk 4 days ago
- RT @jackkirby: A DOG SHOULD BE ABLE TO PURSUE WHATEVER CAREER IT DAMN WELL WANTS. https://t.co/GpXQGGmIjV 5 days ago