It’s pretty and sad. The opera, Dr Dee, is based on the life of Elizabethan alchemist John Dee, who came up with the concept of the British Empire.
First song from Damon Albarn’s latest weird opera
About the anti-laugh
This blog is a shamelessly random collection of cool things, rants and nonsense. View all posts by the anti-laugh
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 at 4:32 pm and tagged with Blur, Damon Albarn, Dr Dee, gorillaz, John Dee, opera and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
The laughter of hate.
Pudgy girl at the gig with a notebook.
Writer. Music nerd. Rock 'n' roll grumpy lady. Romantic. Fool.
The phrase "the anti-laugh" is nicked from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukV82WsJa_k&feature=related
- @mingcheau When I worked at a bookstore years ago, I rang another branch to have a book sent to mine. I spelt my na… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Nice overview of UI copy basics -> “How to write products” by Ben Hersh uxdesign.cc/how-to-write-p… 9 hours ago
- RT @ClintFalin: Dogs are so ridiculously dramatic at life lmao. https://t.co/skqywSXBdk 20 hours ago
- RT @ericuman: Epic design fail. washingtonpost.com/news/post-nati… https://t.co/y2v6GJzKYm 1 day ago
- RT @abstractsunday: Books vs e-readers. More form the series for @WIRED https://t.co/CDYnk4aVvk 1 day ago